Our scene begins:
One dark haired girl sits in a corner on a cushion staring out into space. 2 elders (her grandparents) sit on a three seater black leather couch. An aunt bustles around a kitchen and stares into the oven repeatedly. An annoying 6 (or is he 7) year old annoyingly sits annoyingly at a chair by the counter and annoyingly makes annoying faces at the dark haired girl.
The Grandmother (the dark haired girl thinks there should be a -inator after that) speaks: Make us some sherbet, C- (the aunt).
The dark haired girl stands and mutters: I'll do it.
Anything is better than sitting in that corner and doing nothing... She thinks.
So she goes and gets water, puts it in two glasses, then adds the red Ro'awzah mixture in, stirs and hands one glass to her grandmother and the other to her grandfather.
From there she returns back to the corner sitting in the same pose...
*five minutes pass*
The grandparents drink their sherbet... C- (the aunt) pulls out lasagna from the oven and sets it on the councter, meanwhile, annoying little 6/7 year old boy chatters on incessantly. Everyone ignores the exasperated sigh the dark haired girl sighs. She really feels out of place at the moment. She'd rather be working on her latest writing idea! But no... she couldn't. Another sigh, quieter this time.
Dinner is served, goes by in listening to her aunt order her around and feed her more lasagna then she needs to eat and gets more and more annoyed by her brother.
After dinner is a disaster; she manages to get the plates into the dishwasher safely but while putting away a box of this Pakistani stuff called papas (yes, she isn't kidding you and they are like these things you dip in tea and are round most of the time and crunchy but very light). A bag of flour drops out and flour fills the air.
Dark-haired Girl mutters: Ladies and gentleman; Blake Evil!
Then the papa's box tips over and -oh joy, the lid was left unscrewed!- pap crumbs join the flour on the ground. Dark-haired Girl mutters again: Oh, there's that clumsiness again, joy!
Then the dark-haired girl goes to get a hand-vacuum thing and cleans up. After she's finally done and escapes to her room and starts writing again. one she's done as much as she can, she goes for her laptop.
And so ends Blog Post No.1: Dinner Time...
And who is that dark haired girl, you might ask? Me...
" I need to find a reason to feel, Like everything was meant to be let go, Take it slow, 'cause I can't be own my own..." - All Time Low, Too Much(Of Album Nothing Personal)
Ooh, a squirrel!
Okay, so some would argue that maybe a blog isn't the best way to get rid of boredom, pent-up emotions, and other stuff no one else but me cares about. But the fact that you're reading this means you might care...
Anyway, moving on, so if anyone wants to hear my random rambling read on. I'm warning you it's probably gonna be depressing, maybe funny if you like not-so-funny stuff (I admit, I am no comedian).
But in the end, I'm just another one of those writers who can express no emotion without a pen or paper - in this case laptop- so if you read on... Wait, is anyone reading this? *Please say no, please say no*
Anyway, moving on, so if anyone wants to hear my random rambling read on. I'm warning you it's probably gonna be depressing, maybe funny if you like not-so-funny stuff (I admit, I am no comedian).
But in the end, I'm just another one of those writers who can express no emotion without a pen or paper - in this case laptop- so if you read on... Wait, is anyone reading this? *Please say no, please say no*
Now who doesn't just love the vampire smiley face?
Hey. Yes, it is me! I'm commenting, woo-hoo! Haha sounds like you didn't have that good a dinner. The flour; i know you hate that stuff. anyway.
ReplyDeletePS. I know for a fact that the dark-haired girl should be called the prettiest girl instead ;).